The uber-luxury carmaker, Rolls Royce is all set to launch yet another luxurious car in the Indian market. The Ghost Extended – the long-wheelbase (LWB) variant – is the successor of the company’s new-gen Ghost variant in India. According to the company, the new Ghost Extended is a luxurious car of demand from the new-gen Rolls Royce clients in India.
The new Ghost Extended is built on aluminium space-frame architecture, which also underpins the company’s first-ever SUV – the Cullinan. The company increased the size of the car by elongating the wheelbase, they could achieve this feat thanks to the platform’s flexibility and scalability.
What Are The Dimensions of Rolls Royce Ghost Extended?
The company extended the wheelbase by 170mm, compared to its predecessor. Now, the total length of the new model stands at 5715 mm, along with an increased wheelbase of 3456 mm. However, the width remains unchanged at 1978 mm.
Rolls-Royce Ghost Extended Engine & Performance
- The car is powered by a 6.75-litre, twin-turbocharged, V12 engine, which is developed exclusively for Ghost.
- It produces 563 bhp power & 850 Nm torque.
- The engine is mated with Rolls Royce’s innovative Satellite Aided Transmission system.
- The transmission system draws GPS data to pre-select the optimum gear for upcoming corners.
- It is equipped with all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering and with self-levelling high-volume air suspension technology.
Rolls-Royce Ghost Extended Air-Quality
- Micro-Environment Purification System (MEPS)
- Air filtering system with impurity detection sensors – to keep a check on ambient air quality
Rolls-Royce Ghost Extended Electronics & Essential
- Vision assist,
- Day and night-time wildlife and pedestrian warning,
- Alert assistant,
- It offers a panoramic view, all-round visibility and helicopter view, thanks to the four-camera system
- Active cruise control,
- Collision warning,
- Cross-traffic warning,
- Lane change & lane warning system,
- Best-in-class 7×3 high-resolution head-up display,
- Wi-Fi hotspot,
- Auto park assist,
- The latest navigation and entertainment systems
- Laser headlights with more than 600 metres of illuminated range.
What Is The Price of Rolls Royce Ghost Extended?
The company has announced that they will start delivering the cars from the first quarter of 2021. The Extended version is Rs 1 crore more expensive than the standard-wheelbase model and will come with a price tag of Rs 7.95 crore (ex-showroom, India), which is not a shocker – considering the brand value and the features it offers.