Mahindra is all set to launch Mahindra Thar 2020 in the Indian Market this Friday (October 2). The bookings of this new-gen Thar will commence right from the day of its launch, however, the deliveries will start from late October.
Along with this, Mahindra recently auctioned the very first unit of the new Thar 2020 online. The winning bid was a whopping ₹1.11 crore! The company has decided to donate the proceeds from the auctioned Thar to either PM CARES fund, Naadi Foundation or Swadesh Foundation. To whom the proceedings will be given will depend on the option chosen by the auction winner. Additionally, Mahindra is said to be matching the bid of Rs 1.11 crore and adding it to the donation amount.
A Little About 2nd Gen Thar
The company hopes to target a larger set of customers with the new-gen Thar. This is because the all-new Thar 2020 has transitioned into a brand new & more road-friendly SUV.
Talking about its chassis, the 2nd gen Thar is underpinned by a new ladder-frame chassis. Along with this, it is also equipped with an all-new suspension, which includes a multi-link setup. The exterior of the new Thar will carry an array of colour options including Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Aquamarine.
Features of Second Gen Thar
The company has worked on improving the wow factor of the new Thar. Mahindra has added a more comfortable cabin with improved NVH levels and other new convenience features.
The new Thar is equipped with:
- a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system,
- Roof-mounted weather-resistant speakers,
- a coloured multi-info display,
- steering-mounted controls,
- cruise control
- forward-facing rear bench seat with a 50:50 split folding function
Engine & Performance
The new That offers multiple engine & gearbox options under the hood.
- a new 2.0-litre ‘mStallion’ petrol engine that produces 152hp and peak torque of 320Nm. This engine option comes with two gearbox options – a standard 6-speed manual gearbox and an optional 6-speed automatic.
- a 2.2-litre mHawk engine, which produces 132h and a maximum torque of 300Nm. This engine option comes with two gearbox options: a standard 6-speed manual gearbox and an optional 6-speed torque converter automatic.
The Thar will be available in two variants – LX & AX.
- LX is more focussed towards the urban lifestyle
- AX is oriented towards off-road workhorse
What Is The Price Of New Thar 2020?
The entry-level variant is expected to carry a starting price tag of somewhere around ₹10.00 lakh and the price may go up to ₹15 lakh as we proceed towards the top-of-the-line variant.