After Triumph’s Rocket 3 GT went on sale earlier this month, BMW Motorrad has announced the launch of the new R18 cruiser on Saturday in the Indian market.
A Little About Both Bikes
The BMW R18 is more of a touring bike whose aesthetics are designed to provide the rider with a leaned back and very natural typical cruiser styled riding position. This is usually what is preferred in this range.
And the Triumph Rocket 3 GT is no less. It is similar to the Rocket 3 R bike but more focussed on touring. Unlike its base model, the Rocket 3 GT gets additional features that make it more comfortable and suitable for touring around.
Both Rocket 3 GT and R18 are from the same segment and in terms of pricing, there is not a lot of difference.
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
The Rocket 3 GT is the premium variant of the new Triumph which demands Rs 18.40 lakh. Along with this, Triumph offers yet another variant – Rocket 3 ‘R’ – which has a price tag of Rs 18.40 lakh, Rs 40,000 lower than the new ‘GT’ variant.
BMW has offered two variants for the new R18 – the base R18 and R18 – First Edition. The former is relatively closer to the Rocket 3 GT’s price tag at Rs 18.90 lakh whereas the First Edition is available at higher premium cost – Rs 21.90 lakh.
- Powered by 1802 CC, air/oil-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine – BMW claims this engine to be the most powerful boxer engine in the company
- The engine produces 91 hp power along with 158 Nm torque
- Offers a constant-mesh 6-speed transmission unit with a single-disc dry clutch
Rocket 3 GT
- Even bigger engine – 2500 CC, inline 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled
- Uses 6-speed transmission unit
- More powerful engine than R18, and not just in size
- The engine delivers 167 PS power and 221 Nm torque
Also Read: BMW Launching The New R18 In India
Key Feature Highlights
- It received three standard riding modes,
- It is equipped with Automatic Stability Control,
- Offers Hill Start Control,
- Gets Dynamic Engine Brake Control, and
- Keyless Ride system
Rocket 3 GT
- It offers a full-colour, Bluetooth-enabled TFT dash with GoPro controls,
- It gets four ride modes,
- Offers cornering ABS,
- It possesses Hill-Hold Control System, and
- Equipped with Traction Control System
(All prices are ex-showroom)